Flying Stars 2024
Classical Feng Shui
The new Feng Shui year starts on the 4th February 2024, which is the start of spring in the Chinese solar year (Li Chun). 2024 is governed by the Green Dragon and the number 3 yang wood Lo Shu number. Every year the visiting Flying Stars move sector bringing new influences into each are of the property. Along with this comes a change in the natal Flying Stars blueprint. On this day the Annual Afflictions also move around the Lo Shu square, changing the favourable and unfavourable sectors when considering construction and ground breaking in 2024. Read more about these 2024 Feng Shui influences here.
Annual Visiting Stars 2024 – The 3 Yang Wood Year
3 Star – Centre - Unfavourable
- The 3 Wood Star is associated with arguments, stress, lawsuits, legal problems, raised tempers and conflict.
2 Star – South East - Unfavourable
- The 2 Earth Star that brings health problems and illness to this sector, relating to stomach, respiration conditions and health issues. Not suited to where you sleep, rest, cook or spend time in.
7 Star – South - Unfavourable
- The 7 Metal Star is known as the broken soldier or fighting Star. Associated with loss, burglary, accidents, gossip, back stabbing, deception and high emotions. Robbery can mean anything from people using your things, using your time to the extreme of theft itself. Take care with external doors and windows in this sector for the year.
9 Star – South West - Favourable
- The 9 Fire Star, is associated with expansion, promotion, recognition and new beginnings.
5 Star – West - Unfavourable
- The 5 Yellow Star. A difficult star that can be weakened using the Metal Element. This sector should be quiet, peaceful, free of clutter and limiting construction or ground breaking, with little activity for the year. Use a five prong metal wind chime to dissipate the effects.
4 Star – North West - Favourable
- The 4 Wood Star is associated with education, study, academia.
8 Star – North - Favourable
- The 8 Earth Star is seen as the most beneficial of flying stars, associates with wealth, income, finance, transactions and business.
6 Star – North East - Favourable
- The 6 Metal Star, is known as the military Star associated with power, authority, career, politicians, leadership and strength.
1 Star – East - Favourable
- The 1 Water Star is known for personal growth, reputation, recognition and development.
The 2024 Flying Stars in Practice
This example shows a residential property on the ground floor, with a scaled floor and plot plan. Once the site mountain and site facing compass degree measurements have been taken and noted on the plans, the flying star sectors for 2024 have been over-laid. An analysis of entrance and back doors, room function and layout can then be made for the year. Each home and property is unique, with a different site mountain calculation and a different configuration of the annual visiting stars over the interior layout. The visiting stars are the most temporary in the flying stars compass school analysis, this means their influence is not as heavy weighted as the other stars, some are permanent like the 8 Mansions analysis and some take a number of years to move location.
This webpage gives a basic level of understanding of the annual visiting flying stars. A deeper level of Classical Feng Shui considers the annual visiting stars influence on the natal flying star chart. Each sector holds a combination of stars, from the permanent Eight Mansions and the master Lo Shu square, to the flying stars of the current fate period. An analysis of the combined elements is conducted to see whether the visiting stars activate potential in the natal blueprint, or cause troublesome influences in the natal blueprint. This forms part of a full Feng Shui survey.