Welcome to ‘The Art of Wind and Water’.
I have always been aware of how important our surrounding environment is. The influence that space, colour, shape, texture and form have on your health and well-being. The natural environment, surrounding landscape, natural light and building orientation are integral parts of architecture and interior design.
I first encountered Feng Shui during my Bachelor of Arts studies in interior design & interior architecture. My advanced project was based on a major commercial build, sustainable interior design and 3 Gate Chi Feng Shui. I found Feng Shui intriguing and inspiring as everybody does. I collected as many books on the subject as I could and over the years I thought to myself, wow this is really it.
So there was my first mistake, that wasn’t really it at all. I had only scratched the surface, no not even that, more of a bump. Authentic Feng Shui is far removed from the watered down 3 Gate chi version, salt, Bagua mirrors and using red in relationship corners. This is where the water becomes muddy. If the majority of Feng Shui consultants are providing this very service, then how can it be wrong?
It was that very thought in 2006, that led me in search of the answer. After further studies in Classical Feng Shui, I found the very thing that had intrigued and inspired me years before. In 2008 I qualified as a professional Feng Shui consultant in the UK through an accredited course with the Feng Shui Society. Since then my professional work history has centred around the Classical Chinese arts. From Feng Shui consulting, 9 Star Ki astrology, to teaching Tai Chi Chuan, Qigong and Taoist meditation.
Classical Feng Shui is a tool for environment analysis, to find balance between a property and the land by studying orientation, landform, location and time. Today, I combine all of the skills I have developed, drawing on my experience working as an interior architect to offer practical Feng Shui advice without the foo foo. Through an analysis, I aim to show home-owners and renters how they can best support themselves and their family by adapting and refining their living environment, all to create potential.
The most important part of the Feng Shui process is the client, they are responsible for where potential leads to. In ancient China, our lives are affected by three influences; Heaven, Earth and Man, which have equal bearing on life. Our lives are divided into thirds, of which two are within are control, and one third is not. The table below shows that Classical Feng Shui is part of the Earth, our environment and surroundings, and that accounts for one third of our life. Thus, the findings of a Feng Shui survey accounts for one third of life.
|The Cosmic Trinity|
|Destiny, fate, life path, the future||Environment, surroundings||Our actions, choices, beliefs, behaviour|
|Out of our control||Within our control (Feng Shui)||Within our control|
Your Online Feng Shui Analysis
- I aim to make my services as transparent as possible, so you can make an informed decision.
What I am not
- I am not an entertainer, magician, life coach, counsellor, or clairvoyant.
What I won’t do
- Make promises about results
- Use fear to guide you
- Use cold reading
- Promote or endorse Feng Shui products
Services I do not offer
- 3 Gate Chi or Black Hat Feng Shui (simplified version of traditional Feng Shui)
- Space clearing
- Geopathic stress
What I will do
- Use traditional Feng Shui as a tool for environment and property analysis.
- Take my time to observe and analyse your property and surroundings
- Ask you for as little personal information as possible (avoiding any bias)
- Write an in-depth report covering each of the methods I use
- Explain Feng Shui in logical terms so that anyone can understand it
- Discuss any issues and offer practical advice
- Be transparent about what I do
- Act at all times with integrity and inline with professional codes of conduct
- Committed to continual professional development
- Current enhanced DBS (criminal records check) dated 2018
- I have a working knowledge of safe-guarding adults
- I comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)